"I Dream of Jeannie" Makes Dreams Come True!
The Trail of Painted Ponies is Proud to Sponsor
the Following Women in the Fight Against Cancer:
"I have done this event because I want to make an impact in the fight against breast cancer. By riding in this event and requesting donations we get one step closer to a world without breast cancer. 75% of the money raised through the ride stays in the community to fund local breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs. The remaining 25% supports groundbreaking breast cancer research. Together we can fuel the best science, boldest community and biggest impact in the fight against breast cancer. And I will not stop until this disease is gone forever."
Avon Walk for Breast Cancer
October 27-28, 2012, Charlotte, NC
Thanks to the inspired efforts of 150,000 Avon Walk participants, more than $440 million has been raised and donated to breast cancer programs since 2003. This support funds research to find a cure or prevention, as well as programs that enable all patients to access quality care. A key priority is the medically underserved, including low-income, elderly, and minority individuals. (Information from www.avonwalk.org).
American Cancer Society Making Strides to Save Lives
October 16, 2012, Wilmington, NC
Susan G. Komen Walk
March 2013, Wilmington, NC
"As a breast cancer survivor this is a very important cause to me. I have walked numerous events for breast cancer, and other charity walks as well. The hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life was to sit my children down and explain breast cancer. The sponsor money is to important to me because as a mom I would love to see the day when no other mom would have to explain breast cancer to their children. I walk every event that I can to raise awareness."
"I have been a part of the planning
and implementing the fundraising event for Be the Boss of You Breast Cancer Ride since 2010. Our proceeds go directly to Winship Cancer Institute and Emory University in Atlanta, GA. My shire horse is the official "spokeshorse" since she had lumps in her udder after the birth of her colt, Barclay, two months before our first event. We promote that women need to be the boss of themselves, set aside the laundry and grocery shopping, take proactive care of themselves and get mammograms. Last year Misty and I greeted everyone attending as they arrived in our warrior gear, welcoming them to our battle against cancer."
Susan G. Komen 3-Day
August 24-26, 2012, Twin Cities, MN
" I am walking for daughters, sisters, mothers, sons, brothers, fathers and friends.
Debbie has been on a journey like no other, since her darling daughter, Michelle, was diagnosed with breast cancer two years ago.
To honor her daughter, who is now in remission, Debbie will be walking in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Syracuse, New York on May 19th, 2012. She and her daughter want to support women across America in this fight against breast cancer.
"New medicine and cures won't happen without financial support," said Debbie. "As strange as it may sound, this terrible disease has brought many wonderful people into my life."
Linda Rehfeld is a young woman on a mission to fight cancer! She is participating
in the American Cancer Society Relay for
Life in Seguin, Texas on April 28th and 29th. Linda, her family and her friends have all
The Trail of Painted Ponies would like to thank Linda for all of her efforts to fight cancer and for her courage and compassion.
I am participating in the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life
again this year (as part of Coldwell Banker's team) because I want to
If you would like to make a donation